Howell Engineering, a Civil Engineering/Land Planning/Environmental Firm based in West Chester, PA is seeking Traffic Engineer candidates with 5 to 8 years of experience in traffic planning, impact studies and preparation of highway occupancy plans to start up a traffic division. Ideal candidate will successfully plan, organize and manage the activities and operations of a new Traffic Engineering Division, including hiring and management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of Traffic Engineering Department and coordination with Civil Engineering and Land Surveying departments.
- Preparation/Overseeing of traffic impact studies, master planning studies and highway occupancy permits
- Transportation planning and permitting
- Roundabout design and analysis
- Signing and pavement marking design
- Intersection design
- Multimodal design
- Traffic counts
- Prepare written reports and presentations of project findings
- Prepare technical proposals, cost estimates, plans, technical specifications, and reports, including day to day correspondence
- Perform related duties as required
- B.S. in Civil Engineering or related field; Professional Engineering license required, PTOE is a plus
- Knowledge of operational characteristics, services and activities of a traffic engineering program
- Working knowledge of computer applications relating to traffic engineering and analysis, including AutoCAD Civil 3D, Synchro 9 and HCS
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office
- Must have the ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Must have good written and verbal communication
- Must exercise sound, independent judgement, and initiative within established guidelines
A competitive benefits package is available that includes health, dental, vision, group life, short term and long term disability plans, a 401(k) program with matching, advancement opportunities and future ownership opportunities – all in a business casual work environment.