Terrain, a Civil Engineering/Land Planning Firm in Annapolis, MD, is seeking licensed Civil Engineer candidates with 5 to 10 years of experience in the design of subdivision and land development projects. In addition to possessing the technical expertise required to prepare design documents and oversee approvals, the ideal candidate will effectively navigate developer clients through all stages of plan approval including interactions with governmental agencies regulating those approvals.
This is a rare opportunity for a qualified candidate to lead and grow a land development department in our Annapolis, MD office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage commercial and residential land development department within existing civil engineering firm
- Business development with respect to commercial and residential land development projects
- Engage in technical aspects of civil site plan design, provide technical oversight for staff engineers in the following areas: Title/Zoning Plan preparation, Grading, Erosion control and sedimentation control design, Horizontal and vertical road alignment, utility design, profiles, Construction details, Stormwater management design, Floodplain modeling utilizing HEC RAS software a plus, NPDES Permitting
- B.S. in Civil Engineering; Current Professional Engineering license in the State of Maryland required
- Extensive knowledge of all technical aspects of civil site plan design and approvals in the State of Maryland
- Proficient with Autodesk Civil 3D
- Proficient with Civil 3D Styles, surfaces a plus but not required
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office
- Must have the ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Must have good written and verbal communication
- Experience with HEC-RAS a plus but not required
A competitive benefits package is available that includes health and dental plans and advancement opportunities - all in a business casual work environment.