Terrain, a Civil Engineering/Land Planning firm located in Annapolis, MD, is seeking Land Surveyor Crew Chief candidates with a minimum of 3 years of land surveying experience. This position is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating the activities of a one or two-man survey crew to support a broad range of land surveying and related services for federal, state, and private clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate experience in topographic, control, boundary, ALTA, as-built surveys.
- Accurately run survey measuring instruments, including GPS/GNSS equipment and robotic total stations with electronic data collecting capabilities.
- Perform some office duties, including data reduction, field note reduction, calculations, data checks and staking computations using survey computer programs and AutoCAD.
- Keep accurate field notes by recording all important data.
- Ascertain survey instruments and equipment are properly adjusted and maintained. Ensure that survey truck is properly maintained.
- Minimum of 3 years of land survey-related experience including, but not limited to: Boundary, ALTA and Topographic Surveys.
- Highway, Commercial and Infrastructure Construction; Bridges and Structural Steel Layout a plus.
- Robotic total station and GPS/GNSS experience required. Ability to download/upload survey-related information in data collector, as well as to perform necessary calculations to be able to perform required fieldwork.
- Basic proficiency in written and verbal business communication skills.