Howell Engineering, a Civil Engineering/Land Planning Firm located in West Chester, PA, is seeking Geotechnical Engineer candidates with 5 to 7 years of experience in the design of residential and commercial subdivisions and land developments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of Geotechnical Department and coordination with Civil Engineering and Land Surveying departments.
- Perform a soil and geological engineering investigations and prepare reports.
- Prepare subsurface exploration program.
- Manage and administer test boring contracts.
- Inspect borings, test pits, and probes, plus foundation grouting.
- Perform soil infiltration testing and prepare a soil feasibility report.
- Prepare laboratory soil/rock testing program.
- Perform geotechnical analysis and prepare foundation report.
- Investigate geotechnical stability, perform design, and prepare a report.
- Prepare CBR recommendation report. Provide geotechnical reviews.
- Perform pavement design.
- Perform specialty geotechnical design.
- Prepare technical proposals, cost estimates, plans, technical specifications, and reports, including the day-to-day correspondence.
- Perform geotechnical analyses based on site conditions and requirements to support project designs.
- Supports field instrumentation and monitoring activities.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering; Professional Engineering license required
- Working Knowledge of Autodesk Civil 3D is a plus but not required
- Working Knowledge of Civil 3D Styles, Surfaces a plus but not required
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Must have the ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Must have good written and verbal communication.
A competitive benefits package is available that includes health, dental, vision, group life, short-term and long-term disability plans, a 401(k) program, and advancement opportunities – all in a business casual work environment.