Terrain, a Civil Engineering/Land Planning firm located in Annapolis, MD, is seeking Assistant Survey Manager candidates with a minimum of 5 years of experience in preparing digital models, drawings and survey layout information using field survey data and engineer’s design specifications to support a broad range of land surveying and related services for federal, state, and private clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate experience in working in AutoCAD Civil 3D. Trimble Business Center a plus!
- Create accurate 3D models using field survey data and Engineer’s design provided in paper and digital format.
- Perform data reduction, field note reduction, calculations, data checks and staking computations.
- Perform tax record and deed research.
- Assist Survey Manager in preparation of daily schedule.
- Understand demands and requirements of topographic, control, boundary, ALTA, and as-built surveys as well as construction/heavy civil layout for Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Municipal projects.
- Fulfill schedule obligations and consult with the supervisor when there are scheduling issues/conflicts.
- Ensure client satisfaction.
- High school diploma or GED; additional CAD and land survey-related coursework desirable.
- SIT preferred as this position has plenty of room for advancement.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in a land surveying environment.
- Valid Maryland State Driver’s License.
- Minimum of 3 years of Land Survey-related experience including, but not limited to Boundary, ALTA and Topographic Surveys.
- Basic proficiency in written and verbal business communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.